OMG Not art- but Home made recipe time! Paleo cheesy pizza biscuits
A bit of a personal interjection here- for those not in the know, I’ve been on the paleo/primal lifestyle for 2 years now and lost over 100lbs.. but the cool thing is this can be used for those that have a gluten or certain grain allergies too!
- makes about 3-4 biscuits
• Coconut flour- 1 cup (have more set aside in case for desired mixture texture)
• 1/2 cup FRESH mozzarella cubed (small) I super recommend fresh because it adds moisture to the biscuits, but if unavailable use full fat mozzarella
• 1/4 cup asiago shredded
• 4 eggs. You’ll need the white from 3 and 1 whole
• 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
• tablespoon apple cider vinegar
• oregano, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and salt to taste
First mix *some* of the dry/spice ingredients together, then add in the wet, the whole egg first then} the whites. Begin to “whip” and fluff. Add the cheeses and then the rest of the dry. The consistency your looking for is “spongy” not wet where it won’t clump but not dry where it crumbles. Remember- coconut flour soaks up moisture VERY quick! It should be wet enough where you can mold it into patty like shaped without it falling apart
Place on a non stock baking sheet (or grease *VERY WELL* with coconut oil) at 350-325°F LOW AND SLOW is the key! You do not want them drying out. Cook for about 10-15 mins. Keep an eye on them when they begin to become golden and brown slightly. Again think sponge cake consistency.
Scoop off the pan and let cool for a moment.. Serve with a pesto glaze or set a little dipping bowl full of tomato sauce. (Or even eat just as is!)
These are HIGHLY addictive! I made 3 big ones and already want another batch!! ;9